Medical Insurance Terminology Guide
Learn more about short term insurance.
Medical insurance terminology guide. A spaced repetition algorithm is used to make learning medical terms efficient by managing how frequently each term is presented to the user. The financial risks associated with providing comprehensive medical services insurance and service risk and the responsibility for health care delivery in a particular geographic area to hmo members usually in return for a fixed prepaid fee. Health insurance terminology guide. June 14 2016 by ascension physical therapy.
A request by a plan member or a plan member s health care provider for the insurance company to pay for medical services. Being a viable guide it assists an individual to navigate through terms and definitions related to an otherwise dry boring and confusing world of insurance industry. Like auto insurance covers your car if you get into an accident health insurance covers you if you get sick or injured. Financial risk may be shared with the providers participating in the hmo.
Benefit year the 12 month period for which health insurance benefits are calculated not necessarily coinciding with the calendar year. Glossary of health coverage and medical terms page 1 of 4 this glossary has many commonly used terms but isn t a full list these glossary terms and definitionsare intended to be educational and may be different from the terms and definitions in your plan. Many of the terms you encounter when dealing with health insurance are not familiar. Benefit the amount payable by the insurance company to a plan member for medical costs.
Understanding of medical prefixes suffixes and roots. For example if your coinsurance is 20 the. Urgent care provider a provider of services for health problems that need medical help right away but are not emergency medical conditions. Common health insurance terminology 101.
Our glossary was designed to demystify the jargon so consumers can understand their plans its benefits limitations costs and coverage options. The percentage amount you pay after your deductible has been paid. Short term insurance a type of health insurance that covers certain services for a set time period 6 months or less. Users are presented with medical terms in a variety of ways.
From deductibles to premiums to copays goodrx s health insurance glossary of terminology aims to define and explain these common health insurance terms and phrases in simple and easy to understand ways. Health insurance also covers preventive care i e doctors visits and tests before you get sick. Benefit level the maximum amount that a health insurance company has agreed to pay for a covered benefit.
- Home Insurance Yearly Increase
- Fulton Il Insurance Agency
- Health Insurance Companies Knoxville Tn
- Homeowners Insurance Quote Geico
- Globe Life Insurance Waiting Period
- Health Care Insurance Kansas City
- Health Insurance Exchange Georgia
- Health Insurance Definition Quizlet
- Farmers Insurance Declaration Page
- Geico Insurance Card Template Download
- Geico Insurance Giving Money Back
- Health Care Insurance Ontario
- Group Health Insurance For Small Business Florida
- Etf Life Insurance Application
- Homeowners Insurance Companies In Florida List
- Genesis Davenport Iowa Insurance
- Geico Car Insurance Quote Wa
- Do You Need House Insurance For A Mortgage
- Geico Insurance Quote By Vin
- Health Insurance Company Denied My Claim