Medical Insurance Terminology Guide
Glossary of health coverage and medical terms page 1 of 4 this glossary has many commonly used terms but isn t a full list these glossary terms and definitionsare intended to be educational and may be different from the terms and definitions in your plan.
Medical insurance terminology guide. Health insurance terminology guide. Many of the terms you encounter when dealing with health insurance are not familiar. Health insurance also covers preventive care i e doctors visits and tests before you get sick. The financial risks associated with providing comprehensive medical services insurance and service risk and the responsibility for health care delivery in a particular geographic area to hmo members usually in return for a fixed prepaid fee.
While these terms can be confusing the better you understand them the better you will be prepared to successfully gain coverage and access to the treatments that are right for you. Financial risk may be shared with the providers participating in the hmo. Health insurance is a product that covers your medical expenses. Benefit year the 12 month period for which health insurance benefits are calculated not necessarily coinciding with the calendar year.
Our glossary was designed to demystify the jargon so consumers can understand their plans its benefits limitations costs and coverage options. User selection of medical areas for study by body system. Users are presented with medical terms in a variety of ways. A spaced repetition algorithm is used to make learning medical terms efficient by managing how frequently each term is presented to the user.
Benefit the amount payable by the insurance company to a plan member for medical costs. Being a viable guide it assists an individual to navigate through terms and definitions related to an otherwise dry boring and confusing world of insurance industry. Common health insurance terminology 101. For example if your coinsurance is 20 the.
A request by a plan member or a plan member s health care provider for the insurance company to pay for medical services. Learn more about short term insurance. Short term insurance a type of health insurance that covers certain services for a set time period 6 months or less. Like auto insurance covers your car if you get into an accident health insurance covers you if you get sick or injured.
June 14 2016 by ascension physical therapy. The percentage amount you pay after your deductible has been paid. From deductibles to premiums to copays goodrx s health insurance glossary of terminology aims to define and explain these common health insurance terms and phrases in simple and easy to understand ways.
- Health Insurance Underwriting Process
- Farmers Insurance Policy Number Format
- Homeowners Insurance Companies Michigan
- Farmers Insurance Exchange Virginia
- Highest Car Insurance Rates By State 2019
- Dental Insurance For Small Business
- Health Insurance Apple Care
- Home Insurance Yearly Increase
- Health Insurance Sales Executive Jobs
- How Insurance Companies Make Money On Annuities
- Health Insurance Qualifying Event List
- Health Insurance Company Denied My Claim Now What
- Do You Need House Insurance For An Apartment
- Health Insurance Company Denied My Claim
- Homeowners Insurance Companies In Florida List
- How Do Insurance Companies Make Money On Annuities
- Do You Need Business Insurance
- Geico Insurance Giving Money Back
- Examples Of Insurance Companies In Cameroon
- Homeowners Insurance Quote Sheet Template